One of the unique qualities of a professional staffing agency is using a Temp-to-hire program. Since the onset of temp-to-hire programs in the 1980s, more and more clients find that using the “try before you buy” method of bringing on employees through a temp agency is an effective solution. When you have a need, a temp-to-hire program paves the way for a quicker “time to hire” than advertising to fill that position.
This program allows clients to actively see their new hires in a “working interview”, how they adapt to the job, how they fit in with the company culture and their work ethic. This allows the client a period of time to make the decision to hire the employee directly or choose another candidate to “try-out”. This essentially saves the client time and money and reduces the turnover rate for the company.
This has become a popular method for both parties, the client and the candidate. Given the amount of change in the workforce over the past several years, company culture has become an essential part of employee retention. Using the temp-to-hire program as a candidate will allow the candidate to get a feel for the job, the culture and the environment of the company. Allowing both parties to get comfortable and make a clear decision that’s not made based solely on the interview process. At HB Staffing we like to call this a “working interview” process.
Start with a professional staffing agency like HB Staffing
Although we are a full-service staffing agency, meaning we place temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire employees we also specialize in evaluating candidates and making the best possible match for the client and the candidate. There’re many advantages to the client using our Temp-to-Hire program, such as:
- The “try out” period is set at a standard of 640 hours”
- The standard period could also be customized based on volume
- There’re no “administration” or “liquidation” fees at the end of the “try-out” period
- We can offer flexibility in customizing a program that is cost-effective for you.
Taking advantage of these benefits has saved many clients time and money. We take pride in building relationships with our clients and candidates, while we have the resources to evaluate candidates the success shows in our numbers. HB Staffing “fall out” ratio is less than 2%, most candidates that we place in the temp-to-hire positions remain there for an average of 2-5 years.
Our temp-to-hire program is an easy solution to your hiring struggles
In just a few simple steps, you can be on your way to improving productivity in your company and retaining quality talent. Here’s how it works:
- The client places a job order requisition with HB Staffing
- Our professional recruiters are then assigned the job order
- Qualified candidate resumes are submitted for review and selection
- Candidate interviews are scheduled promptly and accordingly
- Once the candidate is selected, the “try-out” period begins
- Client Evaluation begins
- During the “try-out” period we handle payroll, payroll taxes, insurances, and administrative costs.
Since 2000, we have been recruiting for commercial businesses, public agencies, and government agencies throughout Orange County, the Inland Empire, and San Diego. We find and place qualified and available candidates for businesses across all areas. For more information or to request our staffing services, please call (714) 960-2800 or complete this short form online.